CITY of ALBUQUERQUE
COUNCIL BILL NO. R-17-154 ENACTMENT NO. ____________________
SPONSORED BY: Isaac Benton
Establishing A Legislative Policy For The City Of Albuquerque For The 2017 New Mexico State Legislature (Benton)
ESTABLISHING A LEGISLATIVE POLICY FOR THE CITY OF ALBUQUERQUE FOR THE 2017 NEW MEXICO STATE LEGISLATURE.
BE IT RESOLVED BY THE COUNCIL, THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF ALBUQUERQUE:
Section 1. The following initiatives providing for the health, safety and welfare of the people of Albuquerque require the joint efforts and resources of the State of New Mexico and the City of Albuquerque and therefore are adopted as the State legislative priorities of the City of Albuquerque:
(A) REVENUE MEASURES. The City of Albuquerque supports:
(1) maintaining local government taxing authority and gross receipts tax base;
(2) examining alternatives to improve municipal revenue streams or create diversity to stabilize municipal revenue sources;
(3) creating a joint state and local government task force to identify means and methods to improve or create an alternative to the hold harmless provision of the state budget;
(4) creating a joint state and local government task force to identify means and methods to reorganize the capital outlay process to address the goals of the administration and the legislature while maintaining the ability to assist local agencies in funding projects.
(B) CAPITAL PROJECTS. The City of Albuquerque requests that the legislature reauthorize existing capital outlay grants designated for City capital projects and identifies the following inventory of ongoing projects as those capital projects that could benefit from Capital Outlay requests;
(1) developing a Regional Crisis Stabilization Center for Bernalillo County and surrounding areas in Albuquerque;
(2) purchasing lands identified as priority acquisitions for the...Click here for full text