CITY of ALBUQUERQUE
COUNCIL BILL NO. R-17-154 ENACTMENT NO. ____________________
SPONSORED BY: Isaac Benton
Establishing A Legislative Policy For The City Of Albuquerque For The 2017 New Mexico State Legislature (Benton)
BE IT RESOLVED BY THE COUNCIL, THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF ALBUQUERQUE:
Section 1. The following initiatives providing for the health, safety and welfare of the people of Albuquerque require the joint efforts and resources of the State of New Mexico and the City of Albuquerque and therefore are adopted as the State legislative priorities of the City of Albuquerque:
(A) REVENUE MEASURES. The City of Albuquerque supports:
(1) maintaining local government taxing authority and gross receipts tax base; and
(2) examining alternatives to improve municipal revenue streams or create diversity to stabilize municipal revenue sources.
(3) creating a joint state and local government task force to identify means and methods to improve or create an alternative to the hold harmless provision of the state budget.
(4) creating a joint state and local government task force to identify means and methods to reorganize the capital outlay process to address the goals of the administration and the legislature while maintaining the ability to assist local agencies in funding projects.
(B) PUBLIC EMPLOYEE RETIREMENT ACT. The City of Albuquerque supports:
(1) amending the Public Employee Retirement Act (PERA) to permit law enforcement officers who retire through PERA to return to work in law enforcement, including with the agencies from which they retired and continue to collect a PERA pension.
(C) CAPITAL PROJECTS. The City of Albuquerque requests that the legislature reauthorize existing City capital projects and provide funding for the following projects;
(1) developing a Regional Crisis Stabilization Center for Bernalillo County and surround...Click here for full text