CITY of ALBUQUERQUE
TWENTY SECOND COUNCIL
COUNCIL BILL NO. O-17-31 ENACTMENT NO. ________________________
SPONSORED BY: Trudy Jones, by request
Amending The Health, Safety, And Sanitation Ordinance (Jones, by request)
AMENDING THE HEALTH, SAFETY, AND SANITATION ORDINANCE.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE COUNCIL, THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF ALBUQUERQUE:
SECTION 1. The Health, Safety, and Sanitation Ordinance is hereby amended as follows:
? 9-4-4-1 SHORT TITLE.
Sections 9-4-4-1 et seq. may be cited as the "Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Ordinance."
? 9-4-4-2 FINDINGS AND PURPOSE.
(A) The City Council finds that:
(1) The EMS system provides a satisfactory level of service to the community at present.
(2) The EMS system should be based on objectively stated and measurable performance standards and monitored by the Authority Having Jurisdiction (hereinafter "AHJ").
(3) The 911 Emergency System is a basic governmental function providing emergency responses through the City Police and City Fire Departments.
(4) The City, through its 911 System, is the focal point for the receipt of requests for emergency transport of sick and injured persons within the City.
(5) The City, through its 911 System, is the focal point for the dispatch of responses to requests for emergency transport of sick and injured persons within the city.
(6) In order to provide satisfactory emergency transport of sick and injured persons within the City, it is necessary to establish a procedure for ambulance transport service under contract with the City.
(7) The provisions of this Ordinance and any regulations promulgated pursuant to this Ordinance are in addition to those standards and/or requirements promulgated by the state agencies as the standards and/or requirements for ambulance services and prehospital providers, which as minimum standards may not be sufficient for the requisite standard of care in the city.
(8) The E...Click here for full text